You are hereHome >
Scottish Bakers is the trading name of the Scottish Association of Master Bakers (SAMB) which was established in 1891 and since then it has represented and promoted the interests of the bakery trade in Scotland. Scottish Bakers aims to be an integral part of each member’s business operation by providing a range of specialist support services for Bakers of all sizes. It provides a valuable source of advice, information, assistance and skills development for bakers throughout Scotland.
Most importantly Scottish Bakers belongs to its members, it is there for their benefit and it isproud of its motto “For the Good of All.”Our vision & mission is to be recognised by the Scottish Bakery Trade as a world class Trade Association supporting our members to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of their customers and to be recognised by all stakeholders as the authoritative voice of the bakery trade in Scotland.
Our aim is to further develop Scottish Bakers in each of the following four key areas, We will:-
- Raise the profile of Scottish Bakers within the Bakery sector in Scotland in order to increase our number of members.
- Raise the profile of Scottish Bakers by promoting a positive image of the Scottish bakery sector to consumers in order to increase customer support for our members.
- Develop a knowledge base of information on the bakery sector in Scotland; this will include the size and scope of the sector in order to make effective representation to Scottish Government & other key stakeholders.
- Represent the views of our members to key stakeholders in Scotland to positively influence the quality of policy making decisions in relation to legislation and other key policy areas that affect the bakery trade in Scotland.
- Establish an internal Governance structure that will enable us to listen to the views of our members and have closer links to policy influencing organisations.
- Actively encourage our members to work to high quality standards and promote our role in setting standards to Scottish Government
- Strengthen the range of training services that we currently offer, aiming to become a one stop shop for the development needs of bakers in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Include qualifications and skills development in craft and production bakery, retail, Health & Hygiene, Supervisory management, & Owner Manager programmes and additional services including Training Needs Analysis and Customer Service Measurement.
- Develop people and businesses within the sector through an annual calendar of events including a conference, and benchmarking visits.
- Provide a professional employment law advice service that includes optional insurance.
- Provide a professional Health & Safety advice service that includes optional insurance.
- Support our members with business planning, especially within family businesses.
- Review the JIC agreement to make it fit for purpose for members.
- Use the buying power of our members to get preferential rates on services including utilities etc.
Call 0131 229 1401 if you have any questions or need further infomation.
Annual Report 2011
See our Annual Report 2011 to see how we did last year.
Scottish Baker of the Year Awards
help raising the profile of local craft baker in Scotland and strenghten relationships betwen bakers and his/hers customers...more
Every year Scottish Bakers organises a series of social and business events for our memebrs and all other industry representatives...more